Thanks for Checking In
Scissorcraft offers low cost, Ad-free subscriptions. Only $15.00 per year for thousands of quality, personally illustrated, educational graphics for children of any age or skill level.
Access to large images available upon log on.
Gathering Up Inspiration
pdf version Inspirational Questions
The dictionary definition of inspiration:
“The process of being mentally stimulated to do or feel something, especially to do something creative”.
Sorry for the rather uninsirational build-up to these pointed questions on inspiration. I'm as clueless as anyone as to where and why inspiraion strikes. I imagine inspiraion could be enhanced through preparation of habit and notations in journals or diaries for future contemplation. I find inspiration in dull and boring tasks or pondering about the small stuff everyone says we shouldn't sweat. Don't sweat the small stuff. Like...who needs a balanced budget anyway?
There is no single way to find inspiration because we are all influenced by different methods of inspiration. The good news is inspiration is something completely under our control. The trick is to develop a personal strategy for future inspiration to blossom.
Think about the last time you felt inspired. Where were you and what you were doing?
What were the surroundings, the climate, sounds, smells, etc. Next time you need to create inspirational ideas or answers, think about any common factors. Compare with other times you felt mentally stimulated. Incorporate these factors into a strategy to encourage future inspiration.
Consider possible sources for inspiration:
- Books, magazines
- Doodling with pad and paper
- Faced with looming deadlines
- Positive self-talk
- Physical exercise
- Pets and other animals, birds, etc.
- Performing house hold or mundane tasks
- Volunteer work
Table Topic Theme Inspiration: Questions
- Where do you find inspiration?
- How would you spread your power of optimism?
- What do you absolutely celebrate?
- When do you feel most like yourself?
- What can't money buy?
- If you didn't know your age, how old do you think you are?
- If happiness was currency, how rich would you be?
- What advice would you give your younger self if traveled back in time?
- What makes you creative juices flow?
By Pat kelley 1-17-2019